YOUNG ADULT | CARNEGIE HALL
The Young Adult Series assembles some of the most talented college-aged and young adult singers to experience the thrill of working with master conductors and performing on the famed Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage at Carnegie Hall.
2020 Young Adult Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall (Choral Only)
January 30-February 3, 2020
We are pleased to welcome high school graduates aged 18-25 to apply for the Young Adult Honors Performance Series. The Young Adult Series challenges next-level musicians to further their skills, network with other talented musicians, work with renowned conductors, and ultimately take part in an advanced Carnegie Hall performance. When not rehearsing and performing, selected singers will be able to explore opportunities in music, experience the best of New York City arts, and get to know other musicians from around the world.
- Perform in the elite Honors Performance at Carnegie Hall .
- Work with a master conductor and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other like-minded musicians.
- See the sights and enjoy time with other selected vocalists during your Celebration Cruise aboard a luxury yacht.
- Attend a Broadway Show or Met Opera, interact with a panel of professional New York City musicians, and take part in workshops led by Broadway cast members.
(Selected Finalists, see your acceptance materials for a more detailed itinerary)
Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Morning: Travel to New York City
- Afternoon: Make your way to the Series hotel and check in
- Evening: Welcome meeting and panel discussion with New York City music professionals
Sunday, February 2, 2020
- Morning: Workshop with Broadway cast members
- Afternoon: Final rehearsal and performance preparation
- Evening: Carnegie Hall performance
Friday, January 31, 2020
- Morning & Afternoon: Seating and rehearsals
- Evening: Broadway show (show options will be announced along with Finalist selections on approximately October 23)
Monday, February 3, 2020
- Morning: Farewell and program check out
- Afternoon: Depart New York for home
Saturday, February 1, 2020
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals with the Honors Conductor
- Evening: Finalist Celebration cruise on the Hudson River aboard a private yacht
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented young performers from across the world. Need-based partial scholarships are available to full-time students to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may apply for this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. Please contact us at +1 (800) 503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers, including our Gift of Performance E-Card, which many Finalists have used to raise their full program cost! Click here for more details.
Program Components and Cost
The cost for selected 2020 Young Adult Series participants is $1,599 and includes the following:
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Carnegie Hall performance
- All shown activities – including a Broadway show, celebration, and other activities
- Ground transportation to activities during the program (arrival and departure transportation—flights, trains, etc.—to and from the Series hotel is the responsibility of participants)
- Exposure to and learning from a world-class conductor for the program duration
- Guides for activities outside the hotel (if desired) and program staff to assist participants in New York
- Four nights’ lodging in highly rated, centrally located hotel (quad occupancy) with staff onsite to ensure a good stay
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office in New York City to handle any unexpected circumstances
- 24-hour access to one of our George Washington Hospital doctors on call for medical support during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
Payment Plan for Selected Finalists
If selected, performers have the option to satisfy the full program expense at once or may follow an optional payment plan:
- $200 US deposit due with application (increases to $295 US if all application materials are not received on or before June 26, 2019; all but a $15 US application review fee is returned to the applicant if not selected)
- November 8, 2019: $500 US due
- December 2, 2019: $500 US due
- Final Payment Deadline (December 20, 2019): Any remaining balance due
Violinist and Savior of Carnegie Hall
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.