HIGH SCHOOL | CARNEGIE HALL
The High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall challenges elite students to perform at their best.
2020 High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall
January 30 - February 3, 2020
We are pleased to welcome rising 9th-12th grade musicians to submit their applications for the 2020 High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. Selected musicians rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students' time is focused on performance preparation, the week also allows students to experience the best of the sights and the performance arts in New York City.
- Perform in one of two elite Honors Performances at Carnegie Hall under the direction of renowned conductors.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Finalists from across the world.
- Celebrate your accomplishments on a Finalist Celebration Cruise aboard a private yacht.
- See a Broadway Show, visit New York’s most famous landmarks, and experience the Big Apple!
(Selected Finalists, see your acceptance materials for a more detailed itinerary)
Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Morning: Travel to New York City
- Afternoon: Airport greeting and transfer to the hotel
- Evening: Check into the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
Friday, January 31, 2020
- Morning & Afternoon: Seating and rehearsals
- Evening: Broadway show (show options will be announced along with Finalist selections on approximately October 23)
Saturday, February 1, 2020
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Sightseeing or Finalist Celebration (varies by ensemble)
Sunday, February 2, 2020
- Morning: Final rehearsal or sightseeing (varies by ensemble)
- Afternoon: Carnegie Hall performance or final rehearsal (varies by ensemble)
- Evening: Carnegie Hall performance or Finalist Celebration (varies by ensemble)
Monday, February 3, 2020
- Morning: Farewell and return to airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
Student performers attending the 2020 High School Honors Performance Series are eligible to receive college credit(s) through George Mason University.
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from across the world. Need-based partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may apply for this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. Please contact us at +1 (800) 503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers, including our Gift of Performance E-Card, which many Finalists have used to raise their full program cost! Click here for more details.
Program Components and Cost
What Does the Cost Cover?
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Carnegie Hall performance
- All shown activities – including a Broadway show, celebration, and activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the designated airport and hotels (arrival and departure transportation – flights, trains, etc. – are the responsibility of participants)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced student chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff to provide a safe and engaging environment
- Four nights’ lodging in highly rated student-friendly hotels (quad occupancy) with staff onsite to ensure a good stay
- Hotel night security on each occupied floor to ensure a restful night for performers
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office in New York City to handle any unexpected circumstances
- 24-hour access to one of our George Washington Hospital doctors on call for medical support during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
Please Note: Transportation to/from New York and meals are the responsibilities of the participant and are not included in the program cost.
2020 Choral Finalists
2020 Instrumental Finalists
Payment Plan for Selected Finalists
If selected, performers have the option to satisfy the full program expense at once or may follow an optional payment plan:
- $200 US deposit due with application (increases to $295 US if all application materials are not received on or before June 26, 2019; all but a $15 US application review fee is returned to the applicant if not selected)
- November 8, 2019: $500 US due
- December 2, 2019: $500 US due
- Final Payment Deadline (December 20, 2019): Any remaining balance due
Frank L. Battisti – Conductor Emeritus
New England Conservatory of Music
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.