HIGH SCHOOL | CARNEGIE HALL
The High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall challenges elite students to perform at their best.
2024 High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall
February 7-11, 2024
We're pleased to welcome rising 9th-12th grade musicians' applications for the 2024 High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. Selected Finalists rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students' time is focused on performance preparation, the program also allows students to experience New York City's wonderful sights and performing arts scene.
Rolling Admissions opportunities may be available for select parts, click here to learn more about Rolling Admissions, or email email@example.com. The Rolling Admissions process offers performers who have missed the regular application deadline, the opportunity to join the Series waitlist, if available.
- Perform in one of two elite Honors Performances at Carnegie Hall under the direction of renowned conductors.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Finalists from across the globe.
- Commemorate your accomplishments and have fun with your new friends at the Finalist Celebration.
- Attend a Broadway Show, visit New York’s most famous landmarks, like Times Square, and experience the Big Apple!
(Selected Finalists, see your acceptance materials for a more detailed itinerary)
- Morning: Travel to New York City
- Afternoon: Airport greeting and transfer to the hotel
- Evening: Check into the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
- Morning & Afternoon: Seating and rehearsals
- Evening: Attend a Broadway show
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Sightseeing or Finalist Celebration (varies by ensemble)
- Morning: Final rehearsal or sightseeing (varies by ensemble)
- Afternoon: Carnegie Hall performance or final rehearsal (varies by ensemble)
- Evening: Carnegie Hall performance or Finalist Celebration (varies by ensemble)
- Morning: Farewell and return to airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
Student performers attending the High School Honors Performance Series are eligible to receive college credit(s) through George Mason University.
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from all over the world. Partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may participate in this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. The scholarship application will be made available following program acceptances. Please contact us at +1-800-503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers. Click here for more details.
The 2024 program tuition includes the following:
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Carnegie Hall performance
- All shown activities, including a Broadway show, celebration, and activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the designated airport and hotels (arrival and departure transportation—flights, trains, etc.—are the participant's responsibility)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced Chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff to provide a safe and engaging environment
- Four nights' lodging in a highly rated, centrally located hotel with on-site staff
- *New for 2024* Two participants to a room, each featuring two beds
- Hotel night security to ensure a restful night for performers
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office in New York City to handle any unexpected circumstances
- 24-hour access to Doctors on Call, our U.S.-based medical support through The George Washington University Hospital, during the program
- *New for 2024* Commemorative digital recording of repertoire from rehearsal emailed to Junior Finalists following the program
Please Note: Transportation to/from New York and meals are the participant's responsibilities and are not included in the program cost.
Tuition and Payment Plan for Selected Finalists
2024 Program Tuition: $2,575 USD
Selected performers have the option to satisfy the full tuition upon acceptance or follow a payment plan, which spreads out the tuition amount between the date of acceptance and the program start date.
Payment plans are generated at the time of acceptance, and monthly payments are automatically charged to the participant's credit card on the first or 15th of the month. Accepted Finalists can review additional details by logging into my.honorsperformance.org and clicking "Payment".
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.