HIGH SCHOOL | CARNEGIE HALL
The High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall challenges elite students to perform at their best.
2022 High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall
February 2-6, 2022 (Instrumental)
February 3-7, 2022 (Choral)
Final Review Deadline: September 29, 2021
We are pleased to welcome rising 9th-12th grade musicians to submit their applications for the 2022 High School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. Selected musicians rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students' time is focused on performance preparation, the week also allows students to experience the best of the sights and the performance arts in New York City.
- Perform in one of two elite Honors Performances at Carnegie Hall under the direction of renowned conductors.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Finalists from across the world.
- Commemorate your accomplishments and have fun with your new friends at the Finalist Celebration.
- Attend a Broadway Show, visit New York’s most famous landmarks, and experience the Big Apple!
(Selected Finalists, see your acceptance materials for a more detailed itinerary)
- Morning: Travel to New York City
- Afternoon: Airport greeting and transfer to the hotel
- Evening: Check into the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
- Morning & Afternoon: Seating and rehearsals
- Evening: Attend a Broadway show
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Sightseeing or Finalist Celebration (varies by ensemble)
- Morning: Final rehearsal or sightseeing (varies by ensemble)
- Afternoon: Carnegie Hall performance or final rehearsal (varies by ensemble)
- Evening: Carnegie Hall performance or Finalist Celebration (varies by ensemble)
- Morning: Farewell and return to airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
Student performers attending the High School Honors Performance Series are eligible to receive college credit(s) through George Mason University.
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from across the world. Need-based partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may apply for this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. Please contact us at +1-800-503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers, including our Gift of Performance E-Card, which many Finalists have used to raise their full program cost! Click here for more details.
The 2022 program tuition includes the following:
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Carnegie Hall performance
- All shown activities, including a Broadway show, celebration, and activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the designated airport and hotels (arrival and departure transportation—flights, trains, etc.—are the participant's responsibility)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced Chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff to provide a safe and engaging environment
- Four nights' lodging in a highly rated, centrally located hotel (four participants to a room, each featuring two double beds) with on-site staff
- Hotel night security on each occupied floor to ensure a restful night for performers
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office in New York City to handle any unexpected circumstances
- 24-hour access to Doctors on Call, our U.S.-based medical support through The George Washington University Hospital, during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
Please Note: Transportation to/from New York and meals are the participant's responsibilities and are not included in the program cost.
Important Health and Safety Information
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are in the process of evaluating certain program elements for 2022 to ensure that they meet the most current public health standards and guidance. Current guidelines at Carnegie Hall and most indoor venues in New York City (including Broadway theatres and restaurants) require proof of COVID-19 vaccination. All applicants should be aware of the possibility that COVID-19 vaccinations and/or testing may be required to participate in the program. When applying, please review our Standard Cancellation Policy that governs all requests to withdraw from the program.
The health and safety of our participants is always our top priority. If anything changes from what is listed on this website, we will inform enrolled participants via email as soon as possible. Click here to learn more about our health and safety efforts.
Tuition and Payment Plan for Selected Finalists
2022 Program Tuition: $2,249 US
If selected, performers have the option to satisfy the full tuition at once or follow a payment plan:
- $200 US deposit due with application (increases to $295 US if all application materials are not received on or before July 14, 2021; all but a $15 US application review fee is returned to the applicant if not selected)
- November 12, 2021: $700 US due, plus payment for any requested rooming upgrades
- December 3, 2021: $700 US due
- December 29, 2021: Any remaining balance due
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.