Earn Academic Credit
The Honors Performance Series is presented by WorldStrides, a leader in educational travel and experiences with over 50 years of expertise.
As an accredited organization, WorldStrides gives students participating in the Honors Performance Series the opportunity to earn high school credit by completing an online course after the program.
We're also proud to partner with nationally ranked George Mason University to offer Finalists the opportunity to apply for college credit upon their successful completion of select programs. Mason’s location just outside of Washington, D.C. attracts the world's top professors and faculty, and provides access to an extensive network of internships in our nation’s capital for students as well as one of the hottest job markets in the nation for graduates. The university is ranked among the highest research institutions in the country by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. By earning the highest classification, Mason — the largest public research university in Virginia — joins an elite group of institutions, including Harvard University, Stanford University, and the University of California at Berkeley, who engage in research at this level.
Please see below for information about your eligibility, course options, and how to enroll. You can register before, during, or even after the program. Coursework is reflective in nature and is designed to be completed after you return home.
High School Credit
High School and Middle School Honors Performance Series Participants
- Course Options:
Musical Performance (0.5 high school elective credit)
Service Learning (certificate only)
- Eligibility: Students in grades 6-12 at the time of the program are eligible to earn high school credit.
- Coursework: Successful completion of the Honors Performance Series and post-program online coursework (see below) is required.
- Cost: Course participation is free!
- Registration Timeframe: Registration and all associated coursework must be completed no later than 6 months after the program.
After you return from the program, you'll work at your own pace to complete the online coursework. Your instructors will provide feedback on your work as you go. You'll engage in activities that offer options for video responses, opportunities to use photos from your experience, and that invite you to participate in discussions with your peers. All coursework must be successfully completed within 6 months of your program.
High School Honors Performance Series Participants Only
- Course Options:
Honors Performance Series College Credit (1 elective college credit)
- Eligibility: Students in grades 9-12 with a GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of the program are eligible to earn college credit.
- Coursework: Finalists must successfully complete the Honors Performance Series and submit answers to the required questions in their student portal (see below for additional information).
- Cost: $110 for a 1-credit course, including administrative fees
- Registration Timeframe: Finalists will be given the option to enroll at the time of acceptance notifications.
Students enrolling in the college credit option will be required to complete a short questionnaire in their student portal, which requests information about you and your school, including your current GPA. You'll also need to review and acknowledge the George Mason University Honor Code and provide 50 to 250 words summarizing your leadership qualifications. We'll share the information you provide with Mason, who will issue instructions to access your transcript.
Enrollment instructions are provided to accepted performers via my.honorsperformance.org.
Please contact the WorldStrides Curriculum & Academics team with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.