HONORS PERFORMANCE SERIES
We are pleased to invite you to apply for the Honors Performance Series. The honor of participation in the Honors Ensembles is offered to talented young performers identified throughout the world. To be considered, you must meet the eligibility requirements outlined on our website and submit a completed application.
Please select the program(s) for which you wish to apply at www.honorsperformance.org/our-programs to review specific program details (program inclusions, dates, pricing, and payment plans are all available online for your review).
If applicable, you may choose to apply for multiple programs (i.e. depending on the time of year, a high schooler might apply for Carnegie Hall, Royal Festival Hall, or both). Should you apply and are accepted to more than one program, you have been chosen to fill a role in each event and the Series will be expecting your participation in both.
Applications submitted are reviewed on a rolling basis in the order they are received. Any spaces that become available in our upcoming programs will be granted to qualified applicants on a space-available basis, so we recommend performers submit the Rolling Application as soon as possible to maximize their chances of acceptance.
Rolling Application Requirements
To be considered for Rolling Admissions for the Series, you will need to complete the application form . The following information/materials will be required as part of this process:
- Online Enrollment
- Teacher Reference
- Performing Biography
- Audition Recording
All required components must be submitted online to be considered by our Selection Board. Please review all application requirements below prior to starting your application.
Step 1: Complete Online Enrollment
Please provide us with some information about yourself and the program(s)/part(s) for which you wish to apply. If you have received a Student ID with your invitation materials, please be sure to include this on your application form.
Once you've completed the online enrollment form and submitted your application deposit, you'll gain access to your student portal, where you can submit your Teacher Reference, Performing Biography, and Audition Recording(s).
Please note: If you aren't selected as a Performer, all but the $20 deposit fee will be refunded. If you start the application process but don't submit the required materials materials to complete the rolling application process, or if you withdraw for any reason, your deposit will not be refunded.
Step 2: Provide a Teacher Reference
All applicants are asked to provide the contact information for a music teacher who can answer questions about your application. While most questions can and will be directed toward the applicant directly, certain questions (such as verifying information in your application portfolio) may be asked of your teacher reference.
If you've already received a nomination, please confirm the contact information for the teacher who nominated you. Otherwise, your teacher reference can be any music professional—a school teacher, private instructor, etc.—who is familiar with your abilities.
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography Form in your student portal. An overview of the questions that may be asked is included below to assist as you get ready to apply:
- Do you take private lessons? If so, for how long and with whom?
- Voice part(s) and/or instrument(s) you sing/play proficiently
- Please list any SELECTIVE performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any other performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any honors/awards/recognitions (musically or otherwise) you have received that you feel are relevant to your selection for the Series.
- Please list significant solo or ensemble pieces you have performed or learned.
- Why would you like to be a part of the Honors Performance Series? Please respond in 250 words or less.
At the end of the Performing Biography, applicants are also given the opportunity to provide any additional information they feel is relevant to their application.
Step 4: Submit Your Audio Recording(s)
Terms Acknowledgement and Credit Card Information
Evaluation Process and Selection of (Junior) Finalists
Once you submit your application:
- The Series will use the email address you provide in Online Enrollment to send a number of official program communications. To ensure you receive these messages, please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your list of approved senders with your email provider.
- Your materials will be sent off to our Selection Board for review.
- You will be notified of your acceptance status within 10-15 business days. Payment plans will be auto generated upon acceptance, with automatic payments charged to the participant’s credit card on a monthly basis (1st or 15th)
- If you are not selected (deferred or waitlisted) you will receive a refund of the $250 Participation Deposit. The $20 application fee is not refundable.
- If you are waitlisted and space later becomes available for you, your card will be charged the first payment installment accordingly.
- Accepted performers will gain access to program & account information on their portal, which will include important updates and deadlines related to your participation.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.