HONORS PERFORMANCE SERIES
Fundraising is a great way to help raise a portion of the program cost while also giving performers a sense of ownership in making their Honors Performance Series experience a reality. With this in mind, we hope to share a few tips on getting started and ideas for activities that other students have found successful.
Tips for Fundraising Success
- Start Early: It may take more than one fundraiser to reach your goal, so allow yourself plenty of time to try different ideas.
- Establish Goals: Set a goal of how much you’d like to fundraise—percentages often work best.
- Set a Timeline: Ensure your fundraising timing matches your program payment deadlines.
- Pick a Fundraising Activity: Choose the activity that's right for you. You can choose more than one, but the most important part is to develop a plan of action and get started! Contact our office for suggestions.
- Promote Your Fundraiser: Your fundraiser will be more successful if people are aware of what you are doing and why. Suggestions for promoting your fundraiser include:
- Post signs, flyers, and posters at school and around the local community.
- Write a press release or story to pitch and send it to local newspapers and television and radio stations. The Series offers a template to help you get started.
- Check with your school’s newspaper or e-newsletter to see if your fundraiser can be included in parent communications or posted to your school’s website.
- Set up a table at school sporting events to ask for donations or sell items.
Request support from loved ones!
Ask your friends and family to contribute to your fundraising, perhaps in lieu of gifts for your birthday or the holidays. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Requesting donations is even easier with the Gift of Education link that enrolled performers can find on their my.honorsperformance.org student portal. Once enrolled, each performer has a unique link which can be shared with friends and family to raise funds for the experience of a lifetime.
Additionally, there are letter templates provided to selected performers through the my.honorsperformance.org student portal. Customize the Fundraising Letter Template and send via mail or email to your supporters and watch the contributions come in! Loved ones may can contribute online via the Gift of Education link, or checks can be mailed directly to our Office of Admissions to minimize the effort on your part, though many performers choose to collect the funds themselves so they can write thank-you notes.
As an individual fundraiser, you need to pick the activity that matches your interests and is best for you. We’ve compiled an extensive list of fundraisers that we share with all Finalists and Junior Finalists upon acceptance.
Honors Scholarship Program
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from all over the world. Partial scholarships are available to full-time student applicants to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may participate in this unique performance honor. The scholarship application will be made available following program acceptances. Please contact us at +1-800-503-0807 to learn more.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.