MIDDLE SCHOOL | CALIFORNIA
In the footsteps of the renowned High School Honors Performance Series, the Middle School Series showcases the most talented international middle school performers.
2024 Middle School Honors Performance Series in California
Location being announced Summer 2023
We're pleased to welcome 6th-8th grade musicians' applications for the Middle School Honors Performance Series at a notable California venue. Selected Junior Finalists rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students' time is focused on performance preparation, the program also allows students to experience some of the city's wonderful sights and performing arts scene.
- Perform in the elite Honors Junior Performance at notable California venue.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Junior Finalists from across the globe.
- Celebrate your accomplishments at your Junior Finalist Celebration.
- Attend a local performance, visit famous landmarks, and experience the Golden State!
- Morning: Travel to California
- Afternoon: Airport greeting and transfer to the hotel
- Evening: Check into the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
- Morning & Afternoon: Seating and rehearsals
- Evening: Attend a local artistic performance
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Junior Finalist Celebration
- Morning: Local touring with a local guide
- Afternoon: Final rehearsal
- Evening: Sound check and Junior Honors performance
- Morning: Farewell and return to airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from all over the world. Partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may participate in this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. The scholarship application will be made available following program acceptances. Please contact us at +1-800-503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers. Click here for more details.
The 2024 program tuition includes the following:
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Junior Honors performance
- All shown activities, including a local show, celebration, and activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the designated airport and hotels (arrival and departure transportation—flights, trains, etc.—is the participant's responsibility)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced Chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff to provide a safe and engaging environment
- Four nights’ lodging in highly rated student-friendly hotels (two participants to a room, each featuring two beds) with on-site staff
- Hotel night security on each occupied floor to ensure a restful night for performers
- Around-the-clock support from the WorldStrides On-Call Success team
- 24-hour a Doctors on Call, our medical support through The George Washington University Hospital, during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
- Commemorative digital recording of repertoire from rehearsal emailed to Junior Finalists following the program
Please note: Transportation to/from the program city and meals are the participant's responsibilities and are not included in the program tuition.
Tuition and Payment Plan for Selected Junior Finalists
2024 Program Tuition: To be announced in August
If selected, performers have the option to satisfy the full tuition at once or follow a payment plan, which spreads out the tuition amount between the date of acceptance and the program start date.
Payment plans are generated at the time of acceptance, and monthly payments are automatically charged to the participant's credit card on the first or 15th of the month. Accepted Junior Finalists can review additional details by logging into my.honorsperformance.org and clicking Payment.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.