YOUNG ADULT | CARNEGIE HALL
Ready to apply? Follow the steps outlined below to submit your application materials.
How to Apply
The privelege of participation in the Series is offered to talented young musicians aged 18-25 identified from an international pool of applicants. Eligible applicants will have graduated high school or completed their school-leaving examinations between 2015 and 2021. All application materials must be submitted electronically following the instructions below.
How and When to Submit Your Materials
Please submit all application materials as soon as possible in order to ensure a timely review of your application. Each application component must be submitted individually using the links in the appropriate section below.
Our 2022 application is currently closed. Please email email@example.com to receive information about Rolling Admissions, by which performers can apply to join the Series waitlist, if available.
Required Application Materials
Step 1: Complete Online Enrollment
If you received a Student ID with your invitation materials, please include it when you start the enrollment process.
In order to give appropriate attention to all applications, our Selection Board prefers to receive materials sooner than later. Applicants must electronically upload all required application materials to our website by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 29, 2021 to be eligible for the 2022 Series.
If you aren't selected as a Finalist, all but a $15 application review fee will be refunded—the application deposit is non-refundable for participants who withdraw after the final application deadline. Please note: The total program cost does not change based on the time a musician's application is received.
Once you've completed online enrollment and submitted your application deposit, you'll gain access to your student portal, where you can submit your Teacher Reference, Performing Biography, and Audition Recording(s).
Step 2: Provide a Teacher Reference
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography Form in your student portal. An overview of the questions asked is included below to assist as you get ready to apply:
- Current education/employment Status, including the name of your college/university and expected year of graduation, or other details as applicable
- Are you currently performing individually or as part of an ensemble?
- Are you majoring/did you major in college?
- Do you take private lessons? If so, for how long and with whom?
- Voice part(s) and/or instrument(s) you sing/play proficiently
- Please list any SELECTIVE performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any other performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any honors/awards/recognitions (musically or otherwise) you've received that you feel are relevant to your selection for the Series.
- Please list significant solo or ensemble pieces you've performed or learned.
- Why would you like to be a part of the Honors Performance Series? Please respond in 250 words or less.
At the end of the Performing Biography, applicants are also given the opportunity to provide any additional information they feel is relevant to their application.
Step 4: Submit an Audio Recording
Evaluation Process and Selection of Finalists
- Applicants will receive an official confirmation email approximately two to three weeks following the Series‘ receipt of your materials. The Series will use the email address(es) you provide on your application to send official program communications.
- Once a completed application is received, it will be reviewed by our Board of professional musicians to select Finalists for the Young Adult Honors Choir.
- Performers selected for the program to perform as part of the Honors Ensembles are designated as Finalists and will be notified by email by the end of October 2021.
- Applicants who are not accepted will also be emailed by the end of October 2021 and will be notified of their status: Runner-up (waitlisted) or Deferred (not waitlisted and not accepted).
- Accepted Finalists should expect to receive their sheet music and Conductor’s rehearsal notes no later than the end of December 2021.
- After acceptance, should any Finalist cancel their participation, a First Runner-up will be offered the opportunity to fill the open seat.
Family Program Participant
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.