YOUNG ADULT | MUSIKVEREIN
Vienna is calling! Follow the steps outlined below to submit your application materials.
How to Apply
The honor of participation in the Series is offered to talented young musicians aged 18-25 identified from an international pool of applicants. Eligible applicants will have graduated high school or, in the case of international applicants, will have completed their school-leaving examinations between 2015 and 2021. All application materials must be submitted electronically following the instructions below.
How and When to Submit Your Materials
Please submit all application materials as soon as possible in order to ensure a timely review of your application. Each application component must be submitted individually using the links in the appropriate section below.
Our 2022 application is currently closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information about Rolling Admissions, by which performers can apply to join the Series waitlist, if available.
Required Application Materials
All applications must complete the following 4 steps.
- Application Form and Deposit
- Nomination or Recommendation from a Music Professional
- Performing Biography
- Audition Recording
All required components must be received on or before the application deadline for an application to be considered by our Selection Board.
Step 1: Complete Application Form
If you have received an Invitation Number, please be sure to include this on your application form; this number will allow us to determine whether you have already been nominated.
In order to give appropriate attention to all applications, our Selection Board prefers to receive materials sooner than later; applicants must electronically upload all required application materials to our website by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 29, 2021, to be eligible for the 2022 Series.
If you are not selected as a Finalist, all but a $15 application review fee will be refunded—the application deposit is non-refundable for participants who withdraw after the final application deadline. Please note that the total program cost does not change based on the time a musician's application is received.
Once you have completed the online application form, you will receive an automated email that includes your Customer Account Number. This will be different than your Invitation Number and should be used as you submit your remaining application materials so we can properly link these submissions to your application.
Step 2: Obtain a Recommendation
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography form. Please use your Customer Account Number, included in the confirmation email sent after completing the online application form (see above) so we can match your biography to your application.
Step 4: Submit an Audio Recording
Evaluation Process and Selection of Finalists
Once you submit your application:
- Applicants will receive an official confirmation email within approximately 2 weeks of the Series‘ receipt of your materials. The Series will use the email address(es) you provide on your application to send a number of official program communications.
- Once a completed application is received, it will be reviewed by our Board of professional musicians to select Finalists for the Honors Instrumental Ensemble.
- Performers selected for the program to perform as part of the Honors Ensemble are designated as Finalists and will be notified by email by approximately November 23, 2021. Accepted Finalists are assigned to an ensemble based upon the recommendations of our Selection Board to satisfy balance requirements for each ensemble, as well as to maintain an equally high level of musicality for all ensembles. Please note: Your program dates may vary based on your selected ensemble. The Series cannot guarantee that, if accepted, an applicant will be placed into a specific ensemble.
- Applicants who are not accepted will also be emailed on November 23 and will be notified of their status: Runner-up (waitlisted) or Deferred (not waitlisted and not accepted).
- All applicant notifications will be sent via email to all email address(es) listed on your account.
- Accepted Finalists should expect to receive their sheet music and Conductor’s rehearsal notes in Spring 2022.
- After acceptance, should any Finalist cancel their participation, a First Runner-up will be offered the opportunity to fill the open seat.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.