HIGH SCHOOL | MUSIKVEREIN
Performing at the Musikverein is an honor reserved for elite student performers. Selected Finalists experience music in new ways during their international performance adventure.
2020 High School Honors Performance Series at the Vienna Musikverein
June 26 - July 1, 2020
We are pleased to welcome rising 9th-12th grade musicians to submit their applications for the 2020 High School Honors Performance Series at the Vienna Musikverein. Selected musicians rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students' time is focused on performance preparation, the week also allows students to experience the best of the sights and the performance arts in Vienna.
- Perform at the elite Honors Performance at the Großer Saal (Great Hall) at the Musikverein under the direction of renowned conductors.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Finalists from across the world.
- Celebrate your accomplishments on a Finalist Celebration Cruise on the Danube.
- Experience the highlights of Austria, including a performance at the famed Vienna State Opera and a day trip to Mozart's hometown, Salzburg.
(Selected Finalists, see your acceptance materials for a more detailed itinerary)
Friday, June 26, 2020
- Morning: Travel to Vienna (note: depending on your city of origin, you may need to leave home as early as Thursday, June 25 to arrive in Vienna for the start of the program)
- Afternoon: Meet your Chaperone and explore Vienna on a guided sightseeing bus tour
- Evening: Check in to the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
Saturday, June 27, 2020
- All Day: Full Day Sightseeing Tour to Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart
Sunday, June 28, 2020
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Attend a performance at the Vienna State Opera
Monday, June 29, 2020
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Finalist Celebration Cruise on the Danube
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
- Morning: Visit Schönbrunn Palace
- Afternoon: Final Rehearsal
- Evening: Vienna Musikverein performance
Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Morning: Farewell and return to airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
Student performers attending the 2020 Honors Performance Series are eligible to receive college credit(s) through George Mason University.
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from across the world. Need-based partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may apply for this unique performance honor at the Musikverein. Please contact us at +1 (800) 503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers, including our Gift of Performance E-Card, which many Finalists have used to raise their full program cost! Click here for more details.
Program Components and Cost
What Does the Cost Cover?
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Musikverein performance
- All shown activities – including the full day sightseeing trip, Vienna State Opera performance, celebration, and activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the designated airport and hotels (arrival and departure transportation – flights, trains, etc. – are the responsibility of participants)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced student chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff to provide a safe and engaging environment
- Five nights’ lodging in highly rated student-friendly hotels (double occupancy) with staff onsite to ensure a good stay
- Hotel night security on each occupied floor to ensure a restful night for performers
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office in Washington, D.C. to handle any unexpected circumstances
- 24-hour access to one of our George Washington Hospital doctors on call for medical support during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
Please Note: Transportation to/from Vienna and meals are the responsibilities of the participant and are not included in the program cost.
2020 Vocal Finalists
2020 Instrumental Finalists
Payment Plan for Selected Finalists
If selected, performers have the option to satisfy the full program expense at once or may follow an optional payment plan:
- $200 US deposit due with application (increases to $295 US if all application materials are not received on or before June 26, 2019; all but a $15 US application review fee is returned to the applicant if not selected)
- November 29, 2019: $400 US due
- December 27, 2019: $400 US due
- January 31, 2020: $400 US due
- February 28, 2020: $400 US due
- March 27, 2020: $400 US due
- Final Payment Deadline (April 24, 2020): Any remaining balance due
Concertgoer at the Musikverein's opening