HIGH SCHOOL | ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL
Ready to apply? Follow the steps outlined below to submit your application materials.
How to Apply
The privilege of participating in the Honors Ensembles is offered to talented high school students identified from an international pool of applicants. To be considered, you must be in US grades 9-12 (or equivalent international study level) during the 2023-2024 school year and submit a complete electronic application, in which all required information—as well as all supplemental files (audition recording, etc.)—is submitted online.
Planning on applying?
Rolling Admissions opportunities may be available for select parts, click here to learn more about Rolling Admissions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Rolling Admissions process offers performers who have missed the regular application deadline, the opportunity to join the Series waitlist, if available.
How and When to Submit Your Materials
Please submit all application materials as soon as possible in order to ensure a timely review of your application. Each application component must be submitted individually using the links in the appropriate section below.
Required Application Materials
Step 1: Complete Online Enrollment
If you received a Student ID with your invitation materials, please include it when you start the enrollment process.
Please note: while the regular application deadline has passed. Rolling Admissions opportunities may be available for select parts; please visit the Rolling Admissions page or email email@example.com for additional details.
Please note: If you aren't selected as a Finalist, all but the $20 deposit fee for each session you applied to will be refunded. If you start the application process but don't submit the required materials by the deadline, or if you withdraw for any reason, your deposit will not be refunded.
Once you've completed online enrollment and submitted your application deposit, you'll gain access to your student portal, where you can submit your Teacher Reference, Performing Biography, and Audition Recording(s).
Step 2: Provide a Teacher Reference
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography Form in your student portal. An overview of the questions asked is included below to assist as you get ready to apply:
- Do you take private lessons? If so, for how long and with whom?
- Voice part(s) and/or instrument(s) you sing/play proficiently
- Please list any SELECTIVE performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any other performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any honors/awards/recognitions (musically or otherwise) you've received that you feel are relevant to your selection for the Series.
- Please list significant solo or ensemble pieces you've performed or learned.
- Why would you like to be a part of the Honors Performance Series? Please respond in 250 words or less.
At the end of the Performing Biography, applicants are also given the opportunity to provide any additional information they feel is relevant to their application.
We recommend preparing your responses in advance and pasting them into the Performing Biography Form when you are ready to submit to prevent form time-out errors.
Step 4: Submit an Audio Recording
Evaluation Process and Selection of Finalists
- Applicants will receive an official confirmation email approximately two to three weeks following the Series‘ receipt of your materials. The Series will use the email address(es) you provide on your application to send official program communications.
- Once a completed application is received, it will be reviewed by our Board of professional musicians to select Finalists for the Honors Choir and Honors Instrumental Ensembles. The Selection Board considers applicants equally for all relevant ensembles.
- Performers selected for the program to perform as part of the Honors Ensembles are designated as Finalists and will be notified by email by October 2023. Accepted Finalists are assigned to an ensemble based upon the recommendations of our Selection Board to satisfy balance requirements for each ensemble, as well as to maintain an equally high level of musicality for all ensembles. The Series cannot guarantee that, if accepted, an applicant will be placed into a specific ensemble.
- Applicants who are not accepted will also be emailed by October 2023 and will be notified of their status: Runner-up (waitlisted) or Deferred (not waitlisted and not accepted).
- All applicant notifications will be sent via email to the address(es) listed on your account.
- Accepted Finalists should expect to receive their sheet music and Conductor’s rehearsal notes no later than the end of May 2024.
- After acceptance, should any Finalist cancel their participation, a First Runner-up will be offered the opportunity to fill the open seat.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.