HIGH SCHOOL | ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL
Performing at Royal Festival Hall is an honor reserved for elite student performers. Selected Finalists experience music in new ways during this international performance adventure.
2024 High School Honors Performance Series at Royal Festival Hall
The High School Honors Performance Series at Royal Festival Hall builds upon the heritage of the Carnegie Hall Series and challenges accomplished 9th-12th grade musicians at one of the world’s most recognized and revered performance institutions: the Royal Festival Hall at Southbank Centre.
Home of the London Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Festival Hall at Southbank Centre is a stunning venue in the center of bustling downtown London. Selected Finalists will come together in England for several days of rehearsals under master conductors, experiencing the culture and sights, and ultimately performing in this world-class concert hall.
First-Round Deadline: June 28, 2023
- Perform as part of the Honors Choir, Honors Band, or Honors Orchestra at Royal Festival Hall
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume
- Rehearse and interact with other Finalists from across the world
- Celebrate your accomplishments on a Finalist Celebration Cruise on River Thames
- Experience the highlights of London, including local sightseeing and a show at the West End
(tentative and subject to change)
- Morning: Travel to London
- Afternoon: Airport greeting and transfer to the hotel
- Evening: Check into the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
- Morning & Afternoon: Seating and rehearsals
- Evening: West End show
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Finalist Celebration Cruise at River Thames
- Morning: Final Rehearsals
- Afternoon: Limited sightseeing
- Evening: Sound Check and Royal Festival Hall Performance
- Morning: Farewell and return to the airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
Student performers attending the High School Honors Performance Series are eligible to receive college credit(s) through George Mason University.
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from around the world. Partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may apply for this unique performance honor. The scholarship application will be made available following program acceptances. Please contact us at +1-800-503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers. Click here for more details.
The 2024 program tuition includes the following:
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Royal Festival Hall
- All shown activities, including sightseeing, celebration, and other activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the assigned airport and hotel (flights to and from London are the responsibility of the participants. Additional information about the option to participate in a group flight will be distributed to Finalists after acceptance)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff
- Four nights’ lodging in a centrally located, student-friendly hotel with on-site staff
- Hotel night security on each occupied floor to ensure a restful night for performers
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office to handle any unexpected circumstances
- 24-hour access to Doctors on Call, our U.S.-based medical support through The George Washington University Hospital, during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
- *New for 2024* Commemorative digital recording of repertoire from rehearsal emailed to Finalists following the program
Please Note: Transportation to/from London and meals are the responsibilities of the participant and are not included in the program cost.
Tuition and Payment Plan for Selected Finalists
2024 Program Tuition: $3,975 US
Selected performers have the option to satisfy the full tuition upon acceptance or follow a payment plan, which spreads out the tuition amount between the date of acceptance and the program start date.
Payment plans are generated at the time of acceptance, and monthly payments are automatically charged to the participant's credit card on the first or 15th of the month. Accepted Finalists can review additional details by logging into my.honorsperformance.org and clicking "Payment".
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.