MIDDLE SCHOOL | CARNEGIE HALL
In the footsteps of the renowned High School Honors Performance Series, the Middle School Series showcases the most talented middle school performers from around the world.
2021 Middle School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall
The 2021 Carnegie Hall programs have been cancelled. Current applicants should refer to the March 24 email. Applications for 2022 will open in October 2021.
We are pleased to welcome 6th-8th grade musicians to submit their applications for the Middle School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. Selected musicians rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students' time is focused on performance preparation, the week also allows students to experience the best of the sights and the performance arts in New York City.
- Perform in the elite Honors Junior Performance at Carnegie Hall.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Junior Finalists from across the world.
- Celebrate your accomplishments at your Junior Finalist Celebration.
- Participate in a New York cultural experience, visit New York’s most famous landmarks, and experience the Big Apple!
- Morning: Travel to New York City
- Afternoon: Airport greeting and transfer to the hotel
- Evening: Check into the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
- Morning & Afternoon: seating and rehearsals
- Evening: Cultural experience (more information will be announced in late spring)
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Junior Finalist Celebration
- Morning: Manhattan Touring with a local tour guide
- Afternoon: Final rehearsal
- Evening: Sound check and Carnegie Hall performance
- Morning: Farewell and return to airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from across the world. Need-based partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may apply for this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. Please contact us at +1-800-503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers, including our Gift of Performance E-Card, which many Junior Finalists have used to raise their full program cost! Click here for more details.
The 2021 program tuition includes the following:
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Carnegie Hall performance
- All shown activities, including a cultural experience, celebration, and activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the designated airport and hotels (arrival and departure transportation—flights, trains, etc.—is the participant's responsibility)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced student chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff to provide a safe and engaging environment
- Four nights’ lodging in highly rated student-friendly hotels with on-site staff
- Hotel night security on each occupied floor to ensure a restful night for performers
- A 24-hour staffed emergency office in New York City to handle any unexpected circumstances
- 24-hour access to Doctors on Call, our medical support through The George Washington University Hospital, during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
Please note: Transportation to/from New York and meals are the participant's responsibilities and are not included in the program cost. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are in the process of evaluating certain program elements for 2021 and beyond to ensure that they meet the most current public health standards and guidance. The health and safety of our participants is always our top priority. If anything changes from what is listed on the website, we will inform enrolled students via email as soon as possible. Click here to learn more about our health and safety efforts.
Tuition and Payment Plan for Selected Finalists
2021 Program Tuition: $2,249 US
If selected, performers have the option to satisfy the full tuition at once or follow a payment plan:
- $200 US deposit due with application (increases to $295 US if all application materials are not received on or before December 2, 2020; all but a $15 US application review fee is returned to the applicant if not selected)
- March 31, 2021: $650 US due
- April 21, 2021: $650 US due, plus payment for any requested rooming upgrades
- May 12, 2021: Any remaining balance due
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.