MIDDLE SCHOOL | CARNEGIE HALL
In the footsteps of the renowned High School Honors Performance Series, the Middle School Series showcases the most talented international middle school performers.
2023 Middle School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall
June 14-18, 2023
We're pleased to welcome 6th-8th grade musicians' applications for the Middle School Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. Selected Junior Finalists rehearse and perform under master conductors and have the opportunity to meet other like-minded musicians from around the world. Though much of the students' time is focused on performance preparation, the program also allows students to experience New York City's wonderful sights and performing arts scene.
Rolling Admissions opportunities may be available for select parts, click here to learn more about Rolling Admissions, or email email@example.com. The Rolling Admissions process offers performers who have missed the regular application deadline, the opportunity to join the Series waitlist, if available.
- Perform in the elite Honors Junior Performance at Carnegie Hall.
- Work with master conductors and build your performing resume.
- Rehearse and interact with other Junior Finalists from across the globe.
- Celebrate your accomplishments at your Junior Finalist Celebration.
- Attend a Broadway show, visit New York’s most famous landmarks, and experience the Big Apple!
- Morning: Travel to New York City
- Afternoon: Airport greeting and transfer to the hotel
- Evening: Check into the hotel and meet your Chaperone group
- Morning & Afternoon: Seating and rehearsals
- Evening: Attend a Broadway show
- Morning & Afternoon: Rehearsals
- Evening: Junior Finalist Celebration
- Morning: Manhattan touring with a local guide
- Afternoon: Final rehearsal
- Evening: Sound check and Carnegie Hall performance
- Morning: Farewell and return to airport
- Afternoon: Depart for home
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from all over the world. Partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may participate in this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. The scholarship application will be made available following program acceptances. Please contact us at +1-800-503-0807 to learn more.
The Series is additionally proud to share a number of fundraising ideas with selected performers. Click here for more details.
The 2023 program tuition includes the following:
- All rehearsals, including equipment and sheet music
- All production and services for the Carnegie Hall performance
- All shown activities, including a Broadway show, celebration, and activities
- All ground transportation during the program, including transfers between the designated airport and hotels (arrival and departure transportation—flights, trains, etc.—is the participant's responsibility)
- Exposure to and learning from world-class conductors for the program duration
- Experienced Chaperones, city touring guides, and program staff to provide a safe and engaging environment
- Four nights’ lodging in highly rated student-friendly hotels with on-site staff
- *New for 2023* Two participants to a room, each featuring two beds
- Hotel night security on each occupied floor to ensure a restful night for performers
- Around-the-clock support from the WorldStrides On-Call Success team
- 24-hour a Doctors on Call, our medical support through The George Washington University Hospital, during the program
- Extensive traveler insurance while on the program
- *New for 2023* Commemorative digital recording of repertoire from rehearsal emailed to Junior Finalists following the program
Please note: Transportation to/from New York and meals are the participant's responsibilities and are not included in the program tuition.
Important Health and Safety Information
The well-being of our participants is, and always will be, our highest priority. Although not required, WorldStrides strongly encourages all participants to be up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations prior to their program. In addition, we recommend participants take a COVID-19 test one day prior to travel to reduce the risk of illness on program and having to isolate away from home. The Series will also conduct mandatory COVID-19 rapid antigen testing for all program participants (performers and Family Program Participants) during program registration on arrival day.
If anything changes from what is listed on this website, we'll inform all enrolled participants via email as soon as possible. Click here to learn more about our health and safety efforts.
Tuition and Payment Plan for Selected Junior Finalists
2023 Program Tuition: $2,845 US
If selected, performers have the option to satisfy the full tuition at once or follow a payment plan, which spreads out the tuition amount between the date of acceptance and the program start date.
Payment plans are generated at the time of acceptance, and monthly payments are automatically charged to the participant's credit card on the first or 15th of the month. Accepted Junior Finalists can review additional details by logging into my.honorsperformance.org and clicking Payment.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.