MIDDLE SCHOOL | AMBASSADOR AUDITORIUM
Ready to apply? Follow the steps outlined below to submit your application materials.
How to Apply
The privilege of participation in the Honors Junior Ensembles is offered to talented middle school students identified from an international pool of applicants. To be considered, you must be in U.S. grades 6-8 (or equivalent international study level) during the 2023-2024 school year. All application materials must be submitted electronically following the instructions below.
Required Application Materials
Step 1: Complete Online Enrollment
If you received a Student ID with your invitation materials, please include it when you start the enrollment process.
Students who complete the enrollment form prior to November 1, 2023,
will receive an early application discount of $50 off the program tuition.
Once you've completed the online enrollment form and submitted your application deposit, you'll gain access to your student portal, where you can submit your Teacher Reference, Performing Biography, and Audition Recording(s).
To give appropriate attention to all applications, our Selection Board prefers to receive materials sooner than later. Applicants must electronically upload all required application materials to my.honorsperformance.org no later than the December 20, to be eligible for regular decisions for the 2024 Series.
Please note: If you aren't selected as a Junior Finalist, all but the $20 deposit fee will be refunded. If you start the application process but don't submit the required materials by the deadline, or if you withdraw for any reason, your deposit will not be refunded.
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography Form in your student portal. An overview of the questions asked is included below to assist as you get ready to apply:
- Do you take private lessons? If so, for how long and with whom?
- Voice part(s) and/or instrument(s) you sing/play proficiently
- Please list any SELECTIVE performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any other performance groups of which you are/have been a member (and when).
- Please list any honors/awards/recognitions (musically or otherwise) you have received that you feel are relevant to your selection for the Series.
- Please list significant solo or ensemble pieces you have performed or learned.
- Why would you like to be a part of the Honors Performance Series? Please respond in 250 words or less.
At the end of the Performing Biography, applicants are also given the opportunity to provide any additional information they feel is relevant to their application.
We recommend preparing your responses in advance and pasting them into the Performing Biography Form when you are ready to submit to prevent form time-out errors.
Step 4: Submit Your Audio Recording(s)
Evaluation Process and Selection of Junior Finalists
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.