HIGH SCHOOL | CARNEGIE HALL
Ready to apply? Follow the steps outlined below to submit your application materials.
How to Apply
The honor of participation in the Honors Ensembles is offered to talented high school students identified from an international pool of applicants. To be considered, you must be in US grades 9-12 (or equivalent international study level) during the 2020-2021 school year and submit a complete electronic application, in which all required information - as well as all supplemental files (audition recording, etc.) - are submitted online.
How and When to Submit Your Materials
Required Application Materials
Step 1: Complete Application Form
If you have received an Invitation Number, please be sure to include this on your application form; this number will allow us to determine whether you have already been nominated.
To give appropriate attention to all applications, our Selection Board prefers to receive materials sooner than later; applicants must electronically upload all required application materials to our website by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on September 29, 2021 to be eligible for the 2022 Series.
If you are not selected as a Finalist, all but a $15 application review fee will be refunded—the application deposit is non-refundable for participants who withdraw after the final application deadline. Please note: The total program cost does not change based on the time a student’s application is received.
Once you have completed the online application form, you will receive an automated email that includes your Customer Account Number. This will be different than your Invitation Number and should be used as you submit your remaining application materials, so we can properly link these submissions to your application.
Step 2: Obtain a Teacher Recommendation
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography form. Please use your Customer Account Number, included in the confirmation email sent after completing the online application form (see above), so we can match your biography to your application.
Step 4: Submit an Audio Recording
Evaluation Process and Selection of Finalists
- Applicants will receive an official confirmation email approximately two to three weeks following the Series‘ receipt of your materials. The Series will use the email address(es) you provide on your application to send official program communications.
- Once a completed application is received, it will be reviewed by our Board of professional musicians to select Finalists for the Honors Ensembles. The 2022 High School Honors Performance Series is planned to feature a mixed choir, a treble choir, a concert band, a string orchestra, and a full orchestra. The Selection Board considers applicants equally for all relevant ensembles.
- Performers selected for the program to perform as part of the Honors Ensembles are designated as Finalists and will be notified by email by the end of October 2021. Accepted Finalists are assigned to an ensemble based upon the recommendations of our Selection Board to satisfy balance requirements for each ensemble, as well as to maintain an equally high level of musicality for all ensembles. Please note that your program dates may vary based on your selected ensemble. The Series cannot guarantee that, if accepted, an applicant will be placed into a specific ensemble.
- Applicants who are not accepted will also be emailed by the end of October 2021 and will be notified of their status: Runner-up (waitlisted) or Deferred (not waitlisted and not accepted).
- All applicant notifications will be sent via email to all email address(es) listed on your account.
- Accepted Finalists should expect to receive their sheet music and Conductor’s rehearsal notes by the end of December 2021.
- After acceptance, should any Finalist cancel their participation, a First Runner-up will be offered the opportunity to fill the open seat.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.