INFORMATION FOR MUSIC PROFESSIONALS
The Honors Performance Series is dedicated to providing enriching and inspiring development opportunities for students and music educators. Our next Educator Program will coincide with the 2019 High School and Young Adult Series in February 2019.
We are pleased to welcome music educators to participate in the Honors Performance Series Educator Program.
The Educator Program enables music educators to experience the Series while working on their own professional development and enjoying the music and culture of New York City. Educator Program participants attend select program events that are otherwise closed to non-performers (such as Finalist rehearsals), connect with our Conductors, collaborate with industry professionals, participate in seminars with Series staff, and network with other music educators from around the world. Each program culminates with a priority seat at the Honors Finalist Performance. Participation in the Educator Program is fully focused on your professional development, and you are not responsible for the oversight of students while on-site.
We invite interested music educators to review the program information on this page and to contact our team at email@example.com or +1-800-503-0807 with any questions.
Note: The Educator Program is offered only as a full package and cannot be parsed into individual components.
- Each educator must complete the online Reservation Form below and agree to the Educator Package Terms and Conditions.
- A $99 deposit is required to secure your place in the program. Please note, while you can reserve your space in the Educator Program immediately, your space will not be secured until the registration deposit is received. Within 3-5 business days following your space reservation, a member of our team will contact you to obtain your program deposit.
- Click here for documentation about the program itinerary, inclusions, and content to provide school administrators. If you require additional documentation, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each educator wishing to register for the Program must submit a separate Space Reservation form.
- Registrations from parents, family, and friends who are not music professionals will not be accepted.
Note: Educators interested in applying to be a Series Chaperone can also sign up for the Educator Program. To ensure space is available, we recommend reserving your space below and remitting your registration deposit as soon as you are able. If you are selected as a program Chaperone, any funds paid towards your Educator Program participation will be refunded in full.
Educator Program Itinerary
The Educator Program is designed to allow educators to share in a full Honors Performance Series experience while also providing networking and professional development opportunities.
Please note that the itinerary is tentative and subject to change.
Educator Program Itinerary
Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Afternoon arrival into New York City
- Program Registration at the Series hotel
- Meet your Series Host
- Evening free time or attend a panel discussion with professional musicians
Participate alongside our Young Adult instrumental Finalists for a Q&A with industry professionals. Learn what life is like as a performer in NYC and the path that each musician has taken to get there.
Friday, February 8, 2019
- Broadway Workshop:
- Come ready to move in this fun-filled workshop led by working professionals, from Broadway stars to casting directors to seasoned Film & TV actors who share their knowledge, enthusiasm and joy with students of all ages.
- Attend Honors Ensemble rehearsals:
- Watch as our renowned Honors Conductors interact with talented musicians from all over the world. Take some inspiration and ideas back home with you!
- Professional Development Seminar:
- Customized workshop, led by one of our renowned professional clinicians, with content determined by participant disciplines and desired areas of focus.
- Evening free time OR Broadway show (optional add-on; additional fees apply)
Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Attend additional Honors Ensemble rehearsals
- Round-table with Series staff:
- Learn more about the Series through a participant-driven Q&A session with your peers. Chaperones working with the Series will be available to share their experiences and best practices about nominating and supporting students interested in participating in future Series programs.
- Dinner with the Honors Conductors:
- Steven D. Davis
- Curt Ebersole
- Sharon Lavery
- Kirt Mosier
- Dr. Jeffery Redding
- André Thomas
Sunday, February 10, 2019
- Professional Development Seminar:
- Working within a prestigious performance venue, music educators will strengthen their skills via a series of training and musical activities. Content will focus on topics such as classroom strategies, building a community of peers, and interacting with local music professionals.
- One priority ticket to the Performance at Carnegie Hall
- Closing reception - Receive your Professional Development Certificate (pending successful participation in all scheduled Series activities)
Monday, February 11, 2019
- Farewell and departure for home
Please note: We are happy to work with you regarding your departure plans if it is realistic for you to travel home on Sunday evening after the Carnegie Hall concert. The program cost does not change if you choose to depart the program early.
Educator Program Inclusions
|25 Professional Development Hours (issued upon successful completion of the program)|
|One priority ticket to the Carnegie Hall Performance|
|Transportation to and from Carnegie Hall for the performance|
|Access to Honors Performance rehearsals|
|Fees for all activities and seminars listed, including dinner with the Honors Conductors|
|Motorcoach/subway transportation for scheduled activities|
|24-Hour staffed emergency office in the city to handle the unexpected|
|Doctors on Call arrangement for medical support while on the program|
|Extensive traveler insurance while on the program|
|Guides to advise on city navigation during free time and dedicated Educator Program support staff|
|Four nights' lodging in the Series hotel (double occupancy) with onsite staff to ensure a good stay*|
*Unless opting for a single room upgrade, participants will be assigned two-to-a-room with another educator of the same gender. Educators will have the option to request a roommate (must be a registered participant).
Please note, transportation to New York and meals are not included in the program fee.
Educator Program Cost & Payment Plan
The program cost for each educator participating in the program is $799 US. Participants have the option to satisfy this expense at once or following the optional payment plan outlined below.
Please Note: If you are working with your school to finance participation in the Educator Program and anticipate challenges meeting the below payment deadlines, please contact our team at +1-800-503-0807 to discuss modifying the payment plan.
|Educator Program Payment Plan|
|Deposit with Registration||$99 US|
|November 16, 2018||$300 US + room upgrade fee
(if requesting a single room)
|December 7, 2018||$300 US|
|December 28, 2018 – Final Payment Deadline||Any remaining balance|
Educator Program Participant
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.