HIGH SCHOOL | MUSIKVEREIN
We're pleased to invite qualified music educators to join us in Vienna, Austria as program Chaperones.
Music educators are invited to become a part of the 2022 High School Honors Performance Series at the Musikverein by applying to be a Series Chaperone. This is an amazing opportunity for educators to work with some of the best high school musicians selected from an international pool of applicants, learn from world-class conductors, experience Austria, and become an integral part of a Musikverein performance.
Chaperones serve a critical role, ensuring the safety and security of all students while participating in the Series. Chaperones act as Series representatives and work to ensure the well-being of Finalists while also having a great time!
Program Dates: Thursday, July 28 to Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Chaperones must arrive the day before selected Finalists (Wednesday, July 27). Lodging will be provided, and on-site training will begin the day of Chaperones' arrival.
- Applications are due to the Series on May 20, 2022. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
- New applicants will participate in the interview process with our Human Resources department.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in late-May 2022. Notifications will be sent by email, and Chaperones will receive instructions on booking travel to and from Vienna, Austria upon acceptance.
- We depend on Chaperones to fulfill an essential component of the program. Once Chaperones are selected, the Series expects them to participate fully in the program (including online training and pre-program tasks) and complete their individual roles to the best of their abilities.
Health and Safety Notice: The physical and mental well-being of program participants and staff is always our top priority. In order for everyone to fully experience all the program has to offer, all program participants and staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks have elapsed since the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or a single dose of a one-dose vaccine) to participate. Chaperones will be asked to provide proof of vaccination and may undergo pre- and on-program COVID-19 testing.
Qualifications: Chaperones should have a strong music background, experience working with students, and a desire to help make this an unforgettable experience for the Finalists. Family members, boosters, and other non-music personnel are not eligible for this position. While all music directors are encouraged to apply, preference is given to directors who have Finalists participating in the Series, who have participated by nominating students for the program, or who have a demonstrated record of developing student performers.
Day 0 (Staff Arrival & Training)
- Morning or Overnight: Travel to Vienna, Austria
- Afternoon: Chaperone welcome meeting and training (hotel check-in begins after 3 p.m.)
- Evening: Free time in Vienna, Austria
- Morning: Finalists arrive in Vienna, Austria
- Afternoon and Evening: Half-day sightseeing tour around Vienna
- All Day: Full day sightseeing tour around Vienna and Salzburg
- Morning: Rehearsals and mandatory Chaperone meeting
- Afternoon: Rehearsal
- Evening: Evening Viennese performance
- Early Morning: Finalist farewell and departures
- Afternoon: Chaperones dismissed after all Finalists have been checked out (do not plan travel earlier than 12 p.m.)
- Morning: Tour of Schonbrunn Palace
- Afternoon: Rehearsals and mandatory Chaperone meeting
- Evening: Rehearsals and free time
- Morning: Final rehearsal
- Afternoon: Musikverein performance
- Evening: Finalist Celebration
Family Program Participant
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.