YOUNG ADULT | CARNEGIE HALL
Ready to apply? Follow the steps outlined below to submit your application materials.
How to Apply
The honor of participation in the Series is offered to talented young musicians aged 18-25 identified from an international pool of applicants. Eligible applicants will have graduated high school or, in the case of international applicants, will have completed their school leaving examinations between 2011 and 2017. All application materials must be submitted electronically following the instructions below.
How and When to Submit Your Materials
Required Application Materials
All applications must complete the following 4 steps.
- Application Form and Deposit
- Nomination or Recommendation from a Music Professional
- Performing Biography
- Audition Recording
All required components must be received on or before the application deadline for an application to be considered by our Selection Board.
Step 1: Complete Application Form
If you have received an Invitation Number, please be sure to include this on your application form; this number will allow us to determine whether you have already been nominated.
In order to give appropriate attention to all applications, our Selection Board prefers to receive materials sooner than later; applicants must electronically upload all required application materials to our website on or before September 28, 2017, to be eligible for selection.
If you are not selected as a Finalist, all but a $10 application review fee will be refunded; once a participant is accepted, his or her full deposit becomes non-refundable. Please note that the total program cost does not change based on the time a musician's application is received.
Once you have completed the online application form, you will receive an automated email that includes your Customer Account Number. This will be different than your Invitation Number and should be used as you submit your remaining application materials so we can properly link these submissions to your application.
Step 2: Obtain a Recommendation
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography form. Please use your Customer Account Number, included in the confirmation email sent after completing the online application form (see above) so we can match your biography to your application.
Step 4: Submit an Audio Recording
Evaluation Process and Selection of Finalists
Once you submit your application:
- Applicants will receive an official confirmation email within approximately 2 weeks of the Series‘ receipt of your materials. The Series will use the email address(es) you provide on your application to send a number of official program communications.
- Once a completed application is received, it will be reviewed by our Board of professional musicians to select Finalists for the Honors Performance Series. The 2018 Young Adult Honors Performance Series is planned to feature a mixed, SATB choir. Prior to selecting applicants for the 2018 ensemble, balance requirements will be finalized based on the repertoire selected by the conductor and the applications received. At this time, based on these requirements and feedback from our Selection Board, selected applicants may be assigned to a different voice part than indicated on their application.
- Performers selected for the program to perform as part of the Honors Ensembles are designated as Finalists and will be notified by email on approximately October 31, 2017.
- Applicants who are not accepted will also be notified by email on approximately October 31, 2017, and will be notified of their status: Runner-up (waitlisted) or Deferred (not waitlisted and not accepted).
- Finalist and First Runner-up notifications will be sent via email to the address(es) listed on your account around October 31, 2017.
- Accepted Finalists should expect to receive their sheet music and Conductor’s rehearsal notes no later than the end of December.
- After acceptance, should any Finalist cancel their participation, a First Runner-up will be offered the opportunity to fill the open seat.
Family Package Participant
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.