HIGH SCHOOL | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
Australia awaits! Review the information below carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
How to Apply
We are pleased to invite you to apply for the 2o18 High School Honors Performance Series at Sydney Opera House. To be considered, you must be in US grades 9-12 (or equivalent international study level) during the 2017-2018 school year and submit a complete application on our website using the instructions below.
first-round review for the 2018 High School Honors Performance Series. Planning to apply? Help us plan our Selection Board's time to review applications by reserving an Application Review Space.
Click here to let us know when you plan on submitting your audition materials.
How and When to Submit Your Materials
Please submit all application materials as soon as possible in order to ensure a timely review of your application. Each application component must be submitted individually using the links in the appropriate section below.
In order to give appropriate attention to all applications, our Selection Board prefers to receive materials sooner than later; applicants must upload all required application materials on or before July 17, 2017, to be eligible for first-round review and reduced deposit. We will submit your materials and audition for Board review once all required materials have been received.
Required Application Materials
Step 1: Complete Application Form
If you have received an Invitation Number, please be sure to include this on your application form; this number will allow us to determine whether you have already been nominated.
In order to give appropriate attention to all applications, our Selection Board prefers to receive materials sooner than later; applicants must electronically upload all required application materials to our website on or before July 17, 2017, to be eligible for first-round review and the reduced, $200 US application deposit. Please note: If you begin your application prior to July 17 but do not submit your completed materials by the deadline, you will be automatically charged an additional $95 to keep your application open for final review.
If you are not selected as a Finalist, all but a $10 application review fee will be refunded; once a participant is accepted, his or her full deposit becomes non-refundable. Please note that the total program cost does not change based on the time a student’s application is received.
Once you have completed the online application form, you will receive an automated email that includes your Customer Account Number. This will be different than your Invitation Number and should be used as you submit your remaining application materials so we can properly link these submissions to your application.
Step 2: Obtain a Teacher Recommendation
Step 3: Complete the Performing Biography Form
Provide more information about yourself and your musical background by completing the brief Performing Biography form. Please use your Customer Account Number, included in the confirmation email sent after completing the online application form (see above) so we can match your biography to your application.
Step 4: Submit an Audio Recording
Evaluation Process and Selection of Finalists
Once you submit your application:
- Applicants will receive an official confirmation email within approximately 2 weeks of the Series‘ receipt of your materials. The Series will use the email address(es) you provide on your application to send a number of official program communications.
- Once a completed application is received, it will be reviewed by our Board of professional musicians to select Finalists for the Honors Choir and Honors Instrumental Ensemble.
- Performers selected for the program to perform as part of the Honors Ensembles are designated as Finalists and will be notified by email on approximately October 31, 2017. Accepted Finalists are assigned to an ensemble based upon the recommendations of our Selection Board to satisfy balance requirements for each ensemble, as well as to maintain an equally high level of musicality for all ensembles. The Series cannot guarantee that, if accepted, an applicant will be placed into a specific ensemble.
- Applicants who are not accepted will also be notified by email on approximately October 31, 2017, and will be notified of their status: Runner-up (waitlisted) or Deferred (not waitlisted and not accepted).
- Finalist and First Runner-up notifications will be sent via email to the address(es) listed on your account around October 31, 2017.
- Accepted Finalists should expect to receive their sheet music and Conductor’s rehearsal notes no later than the end of April 2018.
- After acceptance, should any Finalist cancel their participation, a First Runner-up will be offered the opportunity to fill the open seat.
The Honors Performance Series is proudly presented and operated by WorldStrides.