The Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall is an exciting opportunity for high school and middle school performers to learn from master conductors and perform on an international stage.
Fundraising is a great way to help raise a portion of the program cost, while also giving performers a sense of ownership in making their Honors Performance Series experience a reality. With this in mind, we hope to share a few tips on getting started and ideas for activities that other students have found successful.
Tips for Fundraising Success:
- Start Early: It may take more than one fundraiser to reach your goal, so allow yourself plenty of time to try different ideas.
- Establish Goals: Set a goal of how much you’d like to fundraise. Percentages often work best.
- Set a Timeline: Ensure that your fundraising timing matches the program payment deadlines.
- Pick a Fundraising Activity: Choose the activity that is right for you. You can choose more than one, but the most important part is to develop a plan of action and get started! Contact our office for suggestions!
- Promote Your Fundraiser: Your fundraiser will be more successful if people are aware of what you are doing and why. Suggestions for promoting your fundraiser include:
- Post signs, flyers and posters at school and around the local community.
- Write a press release or story to pitch and send it to local newspapers, television and radio stations. The Series offers a template to help you get started.
- Check with your school’s newspaper or e-newsletter to see if your fundraiser can be included in parent communications or posted to your school's website.
- Set up a table at school sporting events to present information or sell items.
Send Gift of Performance E-Cards & Letters!
Ask your friends and family to contribute to your fundraising, perhaps in lieu of gifts for your birthday or the holidays. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Requesting donations is even easier with our Gift of Performance e-cards. Those closest to you will enjoy their special e-greeting and the opportunity to be a part of your unforgettable experience! Participants have raised, on average, 20% of their total Series costs using e-cards. Many have even accumulated donations in excess of $1,500 through this alone!
Many Finalists and Junior Finalists also find success mailing physical letters requesting donations. For more information, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a letter template.
Additional Fundraising Ideas
As an individual fundraiser, you need to pick the activity that matches your interests and is best for you. What works for a group won’t always work for a single person. We’ve compiled a list of fundraisers that students have hosted successfully in the past that we will be happy to share with you. Please contact our office at 1-800-503-0807 or email@example.com
Honors Scholarship Program
The Honors Performance Series
is dedicated to bringing together talented student performers from throughout North America and around the world. Need-based partial scholarships are available to ensure that performers of all economic backgrounds may apply for this unique performance honor at Carnegie Hall. Please contact us at 1-800-503-0807 to learn more.